Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The department of Electrical and Electronics engineering at Acharya Institutes of Technology, was established in the year 2000, affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), offering full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the concerned field of study.
Acharya Institutes is one of the best engineering colleges in Bangalore. Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses impact almost every area of our lives, including communications, commerce, entertainment, manufacturing, healthcare, transport, energy, and the environment. It is the key to the constant challenge to use technology to make things faster, better, cheaper, and more sustainable to make our lives convenient, more enjoyable, and more rewarding.
With regards to the career path of an electrical & electronics engineer, there is a large scope of career opportunities available for the EEE course, the professional Electrical and Electronics Engineers are responsible to design, develop and maintain electrical and electronic control systems, as per the requirements and specifications. They are also responsible for managing the safety, reliability, and quality of electrical developments. Acharya is producing the finest electrical and electronics graduates, because we are one of the best EEE colleges in Bangalore, India.APPLY NOW
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
The program educational objectives of the program have been developed in line with the Vision and Mission of the department. The objective of the program is to encourage the development of proficient individuals to exhibit professionalism and skill set in present technological and societal advancements. Therefore, after collective interactions with stakeholders (both internal and external), the program educational objectives of the UG course offered by Electrical and Electronics Engineering have been arrived at:
- PEO1: Be successful in electrical engineering and allied areas to purse respective careers in industry, entrepreneurship, higher education and research by employing the principles of science and engineering
- PEO2: Employ technical, analytical, communicative and ethical skills to ensure technological progress
- PEO3: Showcase professionalism with expertise, dedication, leadership and commitment towards the well-being of the society
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1: Design, analyze and assess the performance of power generation, transmission, distribution and protection systems
- PSO2: Apply the concepts of electronics and automation in the field of electrical engineering
- PSO3: Model various measurement and control strategies in electrical systems
The department of electrical and electronics engineering aspires to excel in education, training, and research with significant impact to society.
The department of electrical and electronics engineering is committed to provide the students,
- Proactive teaching learning practices to impart theoretical, practical and skill based training
- Proficient and professional human resources, infrastructure and knowledge resources for academic and research activities
- An initiative to develop positive attitude and commitment to society