Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering established in the year 2000 affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU) , recognized by All Indian Council for Technical Education(AICTE), offers regular full time UG, PG & research program, has pioneered in carving the careers of its students and helping to acquire the necessary skills required for continuous growth with significant impact toward society.
The department has been strengthened by its reputed faculty members from recognized Universities and Organizations with diversified specializations like Communication & Networking, VLSI, Signal Processing Embedded System etc., Students are trained for broad career opportunities through industry enabled labs like TEXAS- INSTRUMENTS Technology Lab, CADENCE ,C-DAC etc., and student exchange program with different foreign universities, skill development domain trainings, apart from regular academics in order to make them competitive and industry ready. The Department is well-equipped with laboratories as per VTU, AICTE standards and industry. The department handshakes with industry and institutes for ongoing research activities in the area of Artificial Intelligence, Communication & Wireless Networks, VLSI etc. Department aims at holistic approach toward the development of students and society at large through building technical skill and managerial quality.
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
- PEO1:Students shall have a successful professional career in industry, academia, R & D organization or entrepreneur in specialized field of Electronics & Communication engineering and allied disciplines.
- PEO2:Students shall be competent, creative and valued professional in the chosen field.
- PEO3:Engage in life-long learning and professional development.
- PEO4:Become effective global collaborators, leading or participating to address technical, business, environmental and societal challenges.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1:Analog / Digital Circuit Design: Apply the conceptual knowledge in the analysis and/or design ,evaluate analog/digital circuits and systems
- PSO2:VLSI , Signal Processing and Embedded Systems : Demonstrate technical competency in the analysis, design , and validation of components in VLSI , Signal Processing, and Embedded Systems
- PSO3:Communication and Networking: Apply the domain knowledge in the implementation and performance analysis of Communication Systems and Computer Networks
- To provide student centric learning environment, inculcate profound knowledge in both fundamental and applied areas of science and technology
- To train and mentor the students in developing leadership qualities and team building skills along with professional ethics