Master of Computer Applications
This two year Masters programme offered by Acharya Institute of Technology is Approved by AICTE and affiliated to VTU. The Post Graduate Programme provides students challenging opportunities to be part of the IT industry on a global stage effectively. Aspirants of this programme will have opportunities to be part of several research projects enabling them to develop domain related skills and improve their knowledge horizon through practical implementation.
Well equipped labs and a world class learning resource centre makes way to a cohesive learning experience. The department also has a VTU recognised research centre and an excellent faculty team to help inculcate a research culture within students to enhance the scope of innovation in the industry.
The major opportunity in terms of career lies in the IT sector or can always use the skills learned to kick start an entrepreneurial journey while studying in Acharya with the Acharya Technology Business Incubation Centre.
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : Candidate with any Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognized University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects, including languages, if any. Admission is based on MAT / KMAT / PGCET / CMAT Scores. Good track record in Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular activities shall be an added advantage.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1: Sound knowledge in Computing fields
- PSO1: Competent, creative, and highly valued ethical professionals in the industry
- PSO1: Become Successful Entrepreneurs
- Provide quality innovative teaching and training for the personal development of students in the field of computer applications
- Equip global standards of technical education by imparting excellent theoretical and practical knowledge to meet the societal needs and the global IT industries
- Involve the students in meaningful research and ethical service for sustained growth in the fields of computer and software applications