Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering
With Industries adopting and evolving to use more Artificial Engineering and Machine Learning in improving products, services, and enabling better evaluation to enhance decision making, the future truly lies in this field.
While a degree in Artificial Intelligence prepares specialists in the area of intelligent machines and systems, Machine Learning is a more specialised subdiscipline of AI that deals with algorithms and statistical models to create computer systems capable of self learning.
With the innovation expected to double along with employee productivity in India by 2021, Machine Learning and Artificial Engineering is amongst the highly Valued Engineering Program.
India is currently ranked 3rd in the world in high quality research publications and are pushing to be the pole position. With more investments and initiatives set to be launched for this field, the possibilities seem limitless and it is safe to say, the future is here and it is AI & ML.
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
- PEO1: Have a successful carrier in academia, R&D organizations, IT industry or pursue higher studies in specialized field of Computer Science & Engineering and allied disciplines
- PEO2: Be competent, creative and a valued professional in the chosen field
- PEO3: Engage in life-long learning, professional development and adapt to the working environment quickly
- PEO4: Become effective collaborators and exhibit high level of professionalism by leading or participating in addressing technical, business, environmental and societal challenges
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1: Students shall have the knowledge of hardware, system software, algorithms, networking and databases.
- PSO2: Students shall design, analyze and develop efficient and secure algorithms using appropriate data structures, databases for processing of data.
- PSO3: Students shall be capable of developing stand alone, embedded and web-based solutions having easy to operate interface using software engineering practices and contemporary computer programming languages.
- Act as a nurturing ground for young computing aspirants to attain excellence by imparting quality education
- Collaborate with industries and provide exposure to latest tools/ technologies
- Create an environment conducive for research and continuous learning