The department started in 2009 with offering the very first UG programme in Mechatronics Engineering affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Belgaum and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), with an intake of 60 students. The department hosts experienced and qualified faculty members, specialized in the latest areas various engineering disciplines such as Machine Design, Advanced Materials, Robotics & Automation, Instrumentation and communication and so on. The department also has well equipped laboratories relevant for the programme.
This programme is one of the top options for CET and COMED-K rank holders. The department is actively involved in hosting many additional software and hardware training programs for students as per industrial requirements. Department focuses on individual student to motivates and create the mindset for their success through counseling. The department conducts technical workshops, conferences, national level technical competitions, social activities etc., to involve and train the students to grow in all the aspects under the department forum “RENAISSANCE”.
The students of the department have won the Maiden Edition of Bosch-NID, INDIA changers Industrial Design Competition organized at National Institute of Design (NID) 2012, held at Bosch India, Ahmadabad. The award is constituted to encourage young designers to come up with socially relevant innovations. Also the students of the department participated in the ROBOTRYST- 2013, IIT Delhi and were ranked 07 among 320 teams from all over India.
Duration : 4 Years
Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
- PEO1: Possess strong interdisciplinary knowledge and technical skills to solve complex, competitive problems in core and allied areas of Mechatronics Engineering
- PEO2: Have a successful career in a field of their choice (industry, academia, R & D) organizations, or as an entrepreneur) by engaging in continuous learning, with excellent professional competencies and ethics
- PEO3: Exhibit multifaceted skills, leadership qualities to address technical, societal and environmental challenges
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1: Have a thorough knowledge of design, analysis and modeling of mechanical components, concepts of fluid and thermal engineering, conventional and advanced manufacturing technology in engineering applications
- PSO2: Be able to analyze, design and prototyping of electronics, communication and embedded systems
- PSO3: Be able to apply domain knowledge and demonstrate technical competency in virtual instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, smart systems, artificial intelligence to integrate and interface electro-mechanical systems
To achieve excellence in academics to develop proficient Mechatronics graduates with an innovative bent of mind to cater to the industrial and societal challenges.
- To excel in teaching, research and innovation of products and processes
- To promote collaborative activities to contribute to the societal needs
- To imbibe leadership and entrepreneurial qualities