Acharya Institutes offers one of the best Bio-Technology engineering in Bangalore, Department of Biotechnology at Acharya is recognized by VTU and was initiated in the year 2002 with the intake of 30 students and now it is increased and doubled for the students for B.E. along with the M.Tech program. In the past couple of decades we have been recognized as one of the best Bio-Technology Engineering colleges in Bangalore, Acharya Institutes The department has a recognized research center under which it offers M.Sc (Engg.) by research and Ph.D. programs. Department has 9 faculties and 2 technical staff and is experienced in the areas of Food, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Nano Biotechnology, Biomaterials, Fermentation technology, Computational Biology and Genomics, and proteomics.
Department is accredited by NBA. It has bagged several university ranks to its credit. Projects taken up in these areas are funded by DBT, VGST, VTU, AICTE, and KSCST. Department has got a state-level best project award from KSCST in 2017-2018 and was also selected for the continuation of funding for the year 2018-2019. The department has publications in SCI, Pubmed and SCOPUS indexed journals. Bio-Technology wing also has an industrial consultancy with Neostik Pvt Ltd. which is one of the leading manufacturers of specialty foams and self-adhesive tapes and it agreed to fund equipment materials to be used in product development. Hence, that’s why we rank among the Top Bio-Technology college in Bangalore, India.
Acharya Institutes offers one of the best Bio-Technology courses in Bangalore, Students are encouraged to present their research work at National and International conferences. Outcome-based education is implemented to improve the student’s performance. Department aims at promoting research activity as a part of academics for which hands-on training, industrial visits, interaction with industry professionals and alumni are arranged to make the student competent to be a Biotechnology professional. Being among the top Bio-Technology College in Bangalore, India, regular soft skill training is conducted for student’s overall personality development. Our departmental alumni students have paved successfully as researchers and entrepreneurs.
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
- PEO1: Knowledge and skill: Graduates in Biotechnology work collaboratively, creatively, and communicate effectively in applying discipline-specific knowledge in basic sciences, chemical engineering and biotechnology.
- PEO2: Innovation : Graduates in Biotechnology students serving in entrepreneurial ventures and fostering activities that support sustainable economic development that enhance the quality of life of people in the state, across the country and around the globe
- PEO3: Professionalism: Graduates in Biotechnology recognize the need for excellence and proficiency required for high quality industrial, academic and other professional areas
- PEO4: Contribution: Graduates in Biotechnology exhibit broadened perspective regarding social issues, responsibilities, ethics and professionalism
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Department of Biotechnology strives to provide a platform for students in various frontiers of Biotechnology by inspiring the next generation to achieve academic and research excellence for the betterment of mankind and society.
The Biotechnology Department committed to produce quality Biotechnology engineers, providing excellent analytical and entrepreneurial skills to achieve proficiency in industry and research fields for the betterment of mankind and society.