Master Of Science in Physics
Fundamentally, physics is the study of the entire universe. From studying stars far beyond earth, to elucidation the shape of a water droplet, Physics offer students the opportunity to understand the world around them in all its extent and difficulty.APPLY NOW
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : A candidate must have passed B.Sc. degree with Physics & Mathematics as any two of three cognate subjects and has scored minimum 50% marks in aggregate in optional subjects.
Career Scope: M.Sc. Physics degree at Acharya Institute of Graduate studies helps to equip students to become effective teachers ,researchers and to develop robust, high-level analytical skills that are contribute to the needs of the society by provide an environment of learning and knowledge creation through academic rigor and innovation.
- Students taking up the Physics course would acquire core knowledge including the major areas like classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetic theory, electronics, Laser and non linear optics, special theory of relativity and materials science
- Students by understanding physical theories learn how to design and develop the hands on experiments and acquire knowledge by solving the mathematical models, which have practical applications in their day to day life
- Students also learn the analytical skills and problem solving abilities by studying the physics
- Students taking major course in physics would improvise their capability of employment as futuristic teachers and research scholars
- Students studying physics course are trained to perform in team work/ group activities which would impart their skills in continuous learning and enhance their professional development
- Apply theoretical knowledge of principles and concepts of physics to the practical problems, use mathematical techniques and models of physical phenomena
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, undertake and report on a program of the original work including the planning and execution of experiments, the analysis and interpretation of the experimental results
- Asses the errors involved in an experimental work and make recommendation based on the results in an effective manner
- Develop communication skills both return and oral for specialized and non specialized audiences
- To understand the terminology and physical principles used in Classical Mechanics
- To use conceptual understanding to make predictions, and then solve the problem by mathematical calculations
- Learn the mathematical tools needed to solve the quantum mechanical problems. This will include rigorous mathematical theorems such as complex functions,geometry, the theory of operator algebra and knowledge of solvingordinary and partial differential equations in order to arrive at an formidable solution for a quantum mechanical problem
- Study the terminology and concepts of physics as applied to: Principles of Electric Fields, Gauss's Law, Electric Potential, Capacitance and Dielectrics, Current and Resistance, Direct Current Circuits, Magnetic Fields, Sources of Magnetic Fields, Faraday's Law, Inductance, Alternating Current Circuits, and Electromagnetic Waves
- Understand how statistics of the microscopic world can be utilized to explain the thermalfeatures of the macroscopic world
- Develop a basis for future learning and work experience
- Develop familiarity within the vast areas of nuclear, particle and high energy physics as well asgain interest in these subjects
- Gain capability of analyzing and solving problems based on the concepts of modern physics
To strive towards enhancement of the entrepreneurial skills of students and imbue them with managerial strategies for a smooth manoeuvre and flourish in face of any crisis.