Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation
The BBA Aviation program aims to produce skilled professionals for the aviation sector and allied fields of travel and tourism. Delivered under the Bangalore City University the course possesses a unique advantage of a built-in IATA/UFTAA foundation course within the main curriculum, therefore increasing the application relevance of the program with respect to addressing the business requirements of the aviation sector and enabling students with an entrepreneurial bent to acquire necessary skills for starting their own venture.
India is the fastest-growing aviation market according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) therefore; BBA Aviation Management professionals won’t run out of job opportunities!
This undergraduate program covers a range of subjects from both Marketing and Aviation Management. By the end of the course, a student is well equipped knowledge and hands on experience to build a career in Aviation Management.
Why BBA in Aviation Management at Acharya?
- BBA program in Aviation Management trains students to take on managerial as well as administrative roles in an Airport or in the Aviation sector.
- It is globally acknowledged fact that the aviation & travel tourism industry is growing, both in format and handling of specialised functions at a rapid pace. The growth in aviation signals parallel growth in travel and tourism sector.
- In this course, students will acquire how an aviation, travel & tourism business functions, basics of business communication and economics, Aviation Operations, Safety and Security and role of human resource in the aviation industry.
- Industry Attachments with Project work/ Presentations/ Industrial Visits/ Guest Lectures/ Seminars/ Conferences.
- Unique features of the programme - Personality Development, Foreign Language, First Aid Training, Computer Application.
- The curriculum is designed to fulfil the needs of today’s rapid changing Aviation Industry.<
- Students can shape their careers with specialising, BBA,/MBA programmes in the most promising industries of this decade.
Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility : Candidates who have completed Two years Pre – University course of Karnataka State or its equivalent are eligible for admission into this course as notified by the University from time to time.
Career Scope :
- The course will groom the students to imbibe the skills that are required by all the major organizations in the present scenario
- This course will help the students to get practical aspects of different functional areas of business
- This course will act as a platform for further Post graduate Course
- This course will give a chance to students to specialize in their chosen field in the final semester
- 1: Intro to Aviation Industry – Students are able to
- Learn the fundamentals of aviation science, basics of management and its applications. It also aims to develop student’s interest in aviation and related fields
- 2: Project Learning – Students are able to
- Undertake project work related to their field of specialization during the course which will help the student to think beyond the confines of the classroom
- To develop middle-level managers for solving real-time aviation problems and implementing immediate solutions with a focus on safety, quality, competency and holistic approach
- 3: Interdisciplinary Knowledge – Students are able to
- Develop manage with interdisciplinary knowledge on Aviation and Management
- To help in the overall growth of the students by training them in attitude, social behaviour, decision making, goal setting, focusing and working towards the goal
- 4: Functional Responsibilities – Students are able to
- Take the responsibility of different functionalities like Marketing, Human resource, Finance etc., in aviation sectors
- Strong background of managerial skills in the Aviation management to face the business challenges and capability of handling Multi-Cultural Environment
- Well equipped to identify and apply the relevant analytical and logical skills to deal with problems in Airline Industry
- Enrich ability in Aviation Industry to perform well in teams, professionalism and the knowledge acquired in the field of airport planning, airport security, passenger forecasting, aerodrome works, fire safety etc.
- Communication skills: Demonstrate effective oral and written communication Skills in the professional context
- Decision making skills: Students will be able to exhibit effective decision making skills, employing analytical and critical-thinking ability to develop and evaluate alternate managerial decisions and identify optimal solutions in airline sector
- The Students will demonstrate effective application capabilities of their conceptual understanding to the real world business situations which indicates employability traits in line with the needs of changing dynamics of the industry
- Management skills: Students will be able to work effectively in teams and demonstrate Team building capabilities, exhibit leadership and networking skills while handling airline business situations
- The Students will demonstrate sensitivity towards ethical, moral and environmental issues and have ability to address them in the course of business
- To impart knowledge to students in functional areas of business so that they may pursue careers in management and excel in different fields of management
- To incorporate extensively – along with theoretical knowledge sharing – various skills (viz., Presentations, rapid reading, geo political awareness, time management) needed for managerial effectiveness
- To promote knowledge through research – both applied and conceptual relevant to management
- To enhance the decision – making skills and administrative competence of students
- To motivate students to apply management techniques to new and innovative areas of management