Master of Commerce
Learn Commerce with a global edge at Acharya. The 2-year masters programme in Commerce is aimed at ensuring quality learning to aspiring students of the field. Acquire additional certifications to boost your chances at a successful career. Today Commerce Graduates play a key role in the functioning of the economy worldwide and this has provided great career scopes for the graduates of this field.APPLY NOW
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility :Graduates in B.Com. or BBM or equivalent under 10+2+3 pattern from any Recognised University, has secured not less than 50% aggregate in Commerce subjects.
Career Scope: Besides being qualified for further advanced studies and research in the area of Statistics, candidates can subsequently taking up the job of teacher / lecturer in universities and colleges after passing exams like UGC-NET/JRF, a candidate gaining M.Com degree can learn for Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary-ship also.
- PEO1: Graduates will be capable of making a positive contribution to commerce, trade and industry in the national and global context
- PEO2: Graduates will be able to apply frameworks and tools to arrive at informed decisions in profession and practice, striking a balance between business and social dimensions
- PEO3: Graduates will have a solid foundation to pursue professional careers such as CA, ICWA, CFA, ACS and MBA as well as research and in the not-for-profit sector
- PEO4: Graduates with flair of self-employment will be able to initiate and build upon entrepreneurial ventures or demonstrate entrepreneurship for their employer organizations
- PEO5: Graduate will recognize the need for adapting to change and have the aptitude and ability to engage in independent and life – long learning in the broadest context of socio-economic, technological and global change
- PO1: To acquaint a student with conventional as well as contemporary areas in the discipline of Commerce
- PO2: To enable a student well versed in national as well as international trends in Commerce and Management
- PO3: To enable the students for conducting business, accounting and auditing practices, role of regulatory bodies in corporate and financial sectors nature of various financial instruments
- PO4: To provide in-depth understanding of all core areas specifically Advanced Accounting, Strategic Cost Management, Corporate Tax Planning, Security Market Operations, Business Environment, Research Methodology and Tax planning
- PSO – 1: Students will be able to demonstrate progressive learning of various tax issues and tax forms related to individuals. Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge in setting up a computerized set of accounting books
- PSO – 2: Students will demonstrate progressive affective domain development of values, the role of Accounting, Taxation, Banking and Finance in society and business
- PSO – 3: Students will learn relevant financial accounting career skills, applying both Quantitative and qualitative knowledge to their future careers in business
- PSO – 4: Students will learn relevant managerial accounting career skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge to their future careers in business
- PSO – 5: Leaners will gain thorough systematic and subject skills within various disciplines of commerce, business, accounting, economics, finance, auditing and marketing
- PSO – 6: Learners will be able to recognise features and roles of businessmen, entrepreneur, managers, consultant, which will help learners to possess knowledge and other soft skills and to react aptly when confronted with critical decision making
- PSO – 7: Leaners will acquire the skills like effective communication, decision making, problem solving in day to day business affaires
- PSO – 8: Learners can also acquire practical skills to work as tax consultant, audit assistant and other financial supporting services
- PSO - 9: Learners will be able to do higher education and advance research in the field of commerce and finance
To strive towards enhancement of the entrepreneurial skills of students and imbue them with managerial strategies for a smooth manoeuvre and flourish in face of any crisis.