Pharm-D - Doctor of Pharmacy
Pharm.D or Doctor of Pharmacy is one of the new courses introduced in the Indian pharmaceutical education. The first and foremost role of a pharmacist is to make the patient feel happy about his health and provide better advices for the patient apart from dispensing medicine. As members of the health care team composed of physicians and nurses, among others, pharmacists have an opportunity for direct involvement with patient care. The knowledge and clinical skills that the contemporary pharmacist possesses, make this individual an authoritative source of drug information for physicians, nurses, and patients. The opportunities exist in Hospital pharmacy, Academics, Clinical trials, Regulatory affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Drug Monitoring Services.APPLY NOW
Duration : 6 years
(5 years of study & 1 year of internship or residency) leading to Doctor of Pharmacy.
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / ‘A’ Level from any Board or Council with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects or Diploma in Pharmacy. Provided a student has completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
The programme is designed to :
- Systematically strengthen the fundamentals of basic sciences, impart training in pharmaceutical sciences and inculcate skills of good pharmacy practice
- Educate student to be flexible, innovative leaders in the pharmaceutical care and medication therapy of patients
- Instill in students a commitment to the lifelong learning necessary for pharmacists to remain experts in the safe and effective use and distribution of medications to patients
- Equip students with skills necessary to identify and effectively respond to the challenges confronting the field of pharmacy
- Inculcate professional standards and ethics in students
- Encourage entrepreneurship in the field of community pharmacy
After completion of this programme, the graduate will :
- Be a competent clinical pharmacist, eligible for employment in the healthcare sector
- Provide patient care in cooperation with patients, prescribers, and other members of an inter-professional health care team based upon sound therapeutic principles and evidence-based data, taking into account various factors that may impact therapeutic outcomes
- Manage and use resources of the health care system to promote health; provide, assess, and coordinate safe, accurate, and time-sensitive medication distribution; and improve therapeutic outcomes of medication use
- Function in multidisciplinary teams, working ethically, cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a team member
- Communicate effectively by oral, written and graphical means
- Integrate scholarly research with clinical pharmacy practice and commit to self-directed lifelong learning
- Provide education to the public - especially patients, prescribers and other members of a health care team on matters related to drugs and their use
To ensure, planned development of Pharmacy Education consistent with the Policies of the State and Nation. We are committed to provide need based, Quality Pharmaceutical Technical and Professional Human Resources to the Industry, Business and Community.