Apparel Designing and Fabrication Technology
Apparel Design and Fabrication technology or ADFT as it is fondly called are meant for those individuals who are highly creative and have a unique sense of intuition. Fashion is a kind of collective art that expresses the moods and ideas of different individuals. While glamour and style form an important aspect of it, the apparels should also make sense to the individual wearing them.
Clothing and apparel designing and manufacturing companies are thriving across the world. India is also home to many fashion labels like Manish Malhotra, Ritu Beri, Ritu Kumar, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, etc. The fashion industry is a never-say-die industry as nothing goes out of fashion.
The fashion design course is designed to learn the texture of the fabric, designing daily wear, party wear, nightwear apparel along with fashion accessories. Students who have a flair for design and creativity can join this course and give flight to their dreams with the best of design houses in India & abroad.
With our finest design courses to our students in all aspects of fashion designing, conceptualising merchandising and marketing we stand unique compared to the other diploma colleges in Bangalore. Our programs are designed to meet the current needs of the fashion world and are also geared to train young fashion professionals to meet the challenges that might come their way in the future.
This 3-year diploma programme is offered by Acharya Polytechnic, one of the best diploma colleges in Bangalore. Acharya Polytechnic is one of the few Polytechnic colleges in Bangalore to offer programmes in Design at the level of Diploma.
It's not just theoretical learning when it comes to the Fashion Design programme at Acharya Polytechnic, it compasses practical learning in the crux of its curriculum. Student have to intern with the design and fabrication industry, create their own designs, present them to the world through their own collection show! and finally, capture all of it into a beautiful portfolio that helps them with their placements. This is the reason we are a choice of many students when it comes to fashion designing colleges in Bangalore.
Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility : Pass in SSLC / 10th / ’O’ Level from any recognised Board or Council with an aggregate of 35% in Maths and Science.
Apparel design & fabrication technologies is a root branch in the field of apparel manufacturing. It helps the individual to acquire knowledge in all the aspects and make him/her self perfect to fit into the industry. The apparel design & fabrication technology course helps students to train themselves in three different aspects like Textile Designing, Pattern Making, Fashion Designing.
- Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology students will contribute to the Apparel industry as Designer, Merchandiser, CAD Designers, CAD pattern makers, Textile designers, Knitwear, and Quality controllers
- Diploma holders will pursue lifelong learning process as a means of enhancing the knowledge base and skills competence to contribute to the improvement of their profession and community
- Diploma holders will be committed to the improvement of Business communities while maintaining high professional ethical standards
- Diploma holders are motivated to pursue higher studies/start small scale units/ boutiques/Fashion designing institutions/Teaching Profession
- Designing, pattern making and apparel construction for the fashion industry
- Analyze and create surface embellishment techniques/paintings/tie and dye techniques for Boutiques
- Survey consumer groups; collect data, sourcing a new fabric, Trims, newline for creating new designs in fashion industries. Raw material availability and their sources to start small scale industries and to select the industrial method of production
- Identify target consumers, study economic conditions, the standard of living, and Design the garments as per their need
- Specify and design the styles for advanced garments, analyse and evaluate the methodology and create mass & high fashion garments
- Select advanced industrial sewing machine, CAD software’s, Modern cutting techniques needed for modern methods of production. Specify and design
- Commitment to the improvement of business and maintain high professional ethical standards
- Work in a team using artistic endeavours and environment to achieve project objectives
- Analyse modern management and communicate various apparel construction techniques to complete the project
- Recognize the professional and personal responsibility of the apparel engineer to the community. Pursue lifelong learning as a means of enhancing the knowledge and skills
To promote the values of learning and self-worth among students and staff within a nurturing and stimulating environment.
To provide technical skill and exploratory experiences that enables each individual to reach their fullest potential and gain a competitive edge in today’s global economy.