BSc in Medical Lab Technology
This course imparts knowledge and hands-on-training skills used in clinical laboratories. The course content is designed to impart in-depth knowledge in human anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology and pathology.
The job entails analysing body fluids by performing biochemical, haematological, immunological, microscopic and diagnostic analysis. Their findings help doctors with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Medical laboratory technologists work in diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, nursing homes, research and biotechnology laboratories and reference labs. With a growth rate of 14% in employment in this industry the demand of efficient laboratory technicians has outpaced supply.APPLY NOW
Duration : 4 years including 1 year of Internship
Eligibility : A candidate seeking admission to the Bachelor of Science Degree Courses in the Allied Health Sciences course shall have studied English as one of the principal subject during the tenure of the course.
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study. OR
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study. OR
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study. OR
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course. OR
- Candidates with two years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enroll, in the respective Allied Health Sciences course shall have passed plus 12 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enroll, in the respective Allied Health Sciences course should have studied Physics, Biology and Chemistry as principal subjects during the tenure of the course.
- Lateral entry to second year for allied health science courses for candidates who have passed diploma program from the Government Boards and recognized by RGUHS, fulfilling the conditions specified above under sl. No. 5 and these students are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- Constitution of India
- Environmental Science and Health
- Diagnostic Imaging Techniques
- Radiographic Techniques- II
- Ethics, Database Management
- Research & Biostatistics
- Computer Application
Our mission is to make a difference in the society, and the field of paramedical in particular, through:
- Creating a culture of excellence
- Progressive in providing holistic health care service to all
- Ensure global standards in paramedical education
- Create & foster a centre of excellence for paramedical professionals
- Bridging the gap between theory & practical
- Better pedagogy & learning
- Superior practical exposure
- Dedicated teaching support