Acharya's NRV School of Architecture
Approved by Council of Architecture (India). Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
Acharya's NRV School of Architecture (ANRVSA) was founded in 2009 as an independent Architecture College. Acharya’s NRV School of Architecture has grown in reputation to be one of the premier institutions imparting Architectural education in Bangalore. With high-end classroom education combined with practical field exposure, studio, smart classes, etc., the students are equipped with all the necessary knowledge, skills and a never ending thirst for innovative ideas. The campus, with its aesthetically pleasing buildings set in sylvan surroundings, acts as an inspiration for students who wish to pursue Architecture as a career.
Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]
Approved by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Karnataka.
Course Duration : 5 years
The student should have passed the 10+2 scheme of examination with Physics, Chemistry & Maths Subjects, or should have cleared 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics. The Student should also have qualified the aptitude test i.e NATA or JEE, with pass percentage in 10+2 scheme of examination with PCM or 10+3 Diploma with Maths to be eligible for B.Arch Admission.APPLY NOW
Graduates of this programme are trained to become exceptionally skilled architects to analyse, develop and adapt to the growing needs of the spatial requirements of the modern world.
The B.Arch Program at Acharya also enables students to opt for International Immersion that enables them to travel abroad to experience different types of Architectural styles and practices, interact with experts in the field in foreign countries and much more.
The department also houses ample studios to enable students with the infrastructure to develop their skills and is encouraged to conduct student activities throughout the year to enhance morale and attain leadership and teamwork skills.
The faculty of the department is well experienced in both academia and industry, this helps us instill valuable lessons and practices required to be successful in the field.
- Hosted ZONASA 2016
- Extensive State-of-the-Art modern Infrastructure, availability of ample land and other resources for learning and innovating
- Accomplished & Eminent Faculty in the specialization areas such as Architectural Design, Building Construction, Climatology, History, Visual Art, Art Appreciation, Urban Planning & Design, Conservation, Drawing, Sustainable Architecture, Contemporary Architecture, Urban Design, Multimedia,Computer Aided Application, Energy Efficiency, Landscape Design
- International Exchanges - Visits by Prof. Juerg Grunder from University of Berne-Switzerland, Student Delegation from Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Mr. Mario Griznic, MD of Eco-sustainable Living Technologies, Ar Michel St. Pierre and Ar Jennifer Devlin, EHDD Architects – San Francisco, USA, etc
- Knowledge Sharing Initiatives - Sustainable Architecture, Hands on building of low cost homes for a village with NGO "Nivasa" at Bengaluru, 'International Green Conference' (IGIN, Bangalore), 'Green Brigade' Student Initiative, etc
- Laurels & Prizes in Student Design Competitions such as 'Ensemble', 'Home Storage Paradigm' (NID), 'Zonasa-2013' - Mysore, 3rd position in All India Auto Desk competition held at Bombay, etc
- Extensive Field Learning Experiences: Nrityagram and Kuteer - Bangalore, Buddhist Monastery, Venkatappa Art Gallery-Bangalore, Heritage Structures- Madurai, Pyramid Valley, Pondichery, etc
- Academic Achievers & Toppers from the very first Batch - Architecture Photography - Brigrade Group-Mumbai, Concept Sketch Exhibition - New York, etc
The students are provided the best infrastructure facilities for learning the nuances of architecture that comprise Tutorial Halls, Studios, Computer Centres, Laboratories apart from extensive outdoor facilities for real-time experimental learning. These apart, they are also provided with WiFi enabled 16 Mbps broadband internet facility for extending their knowledge horizon and learning experience.
The students immensely gain by the best practices put-forth such as:
- Interim reviews by faculty/ jury panels for initiating mid-course corrective measures for immediate benefit
- Brainstorming sessions with senior faculty to decide policies and review current practices
- Annual Knowledge Conclaves to expose students to practicing Architects through panel discussions, video conferencing, etc.
- Counseling by professional seniors for preparation for career, choice of industry, preparation for facing interview
- Collaboration with industry for research to initiate students into research culture and thus provide them opportunities for developing problem-solving skills
- An internet based integrated e-campus for anytime anywhere info
- Guest lectures, workshops, national/international study programs to augument class room teaching
- In house publications created by student/faculty showcasing achievements and innovations
“The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own we have no soul of our own civilization.”
– Frank Lloyd Wright
What our students say..?
"ANRVSA has given me the most cherished moments of life. A podium for thoughts and thinkers. Everything, starting with faculties to campus are thriving with energy and support. Everyday is phenomenal and I must say, enthusiasm here has sky as the limit."
- Padmini Shukla -
"To the first impression of Acharya Institute, a beautiful campus where I could call it a second home with an entire team of faculty who are friendly and helpful beyond the syllabus. International experience gave me the chance to make friends across the globe and grow personally."
- Siyami Thiyagarajah -
"ANRVSA has sculpted me to be the person I am today, it has also nurtured me in values that I carry forward in representing 60,000 Architecture students across India as the National Vice president of the National association of students of Architecture, NASA India. A culture in itself, this campus is beyond ordinary."
- Manogna Malempati -
Every year select 80 to 100 students get the advantage of corporate exposure being Volunteer Coordinators for Placement. 200+ corporates visit the campus year after year and recruit students from every academic stream in the campus. There has been a consistent increase in salaries offered which has gone up to Rs.26.00 lakhs per annum recently.Know More