Diploma in Commercial Practice (DCP)
Acharya Polytechnic is one of the premier higher educational institutions offering diploma in commercial practice in Bangalore, Karnataka. This branch of Diploma belongs to the non-technical education courses offered at Acharya. Here, the main areas of focus are Accountancy, Management, Economics, General Law, Typing, and Shorthand.
With the growth in the number of companies around the world, there is a huge demand for office executives who can double up as Personal Assistants or Data Entry Operators. The course is designed to equip students with the skills to tackle the challenges of the modern corporate world making them flexible and expanding their career options.
Regarded as one of the best polytechnics in Karnataka, we provide students with add on skill development programmes that would enable our students to be highly employable. The state of the art learning resource centre provides adequate sources of online courses that would help boost the knowledge beyond the conventional curriculum. It is practices like these that make Acharya rank amongst the best diploma in commercial practice colleges in Bangalore.
After completing the commercial practice course, they have several career options including areas that involve sales of goods, operations management, management of human resources or even take part-time jobs while studying or work from home if opting for home-based jobs. They can go for higher studies and even choose commerce as a stream for higher education as they have commerce subjects as part of their syllabus.
Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility : Pass in SSLC / 10th / HSC or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council with an aggregate of 35%.
The three-year diploma programme also offers expertise in areas like commercial transactions, stenography, accounting, typewriting, data entry, etc. A Diploma holder in Commercial practice can handle business activities connected with the promotion, sales or supply of products or services.
The students who graduate will be readily absorbed by various organizations as secretaries, executive assistants and also as assistant administrative managers because of their broad office management knowledge. They will also be skilled in written and oral communication skills and can find suitable careers in ‘knowledge industries’ such as BPOs and KPOs.
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry to meet the changing demands of their profession and instil a desire to learn continuously (Professionalism)
- To provide students with a strong foundation in Accountancy, Statistics, office 0peration Skills, and sound basic theoretical knowledge along with required practical skills in the core areas of business and industry, Shorthand, Typewriting and Computers ( Discipline and basic core knowledge)
- To inculcate teamwork capabilities and communication skills among students through Seminars, projects, and industry interactions. (teamwork and communication)
- To create awareness on environmental issues and commitment towards professional ethics and social responsibilities and the need for lifelong learning. (Ethics and Environment & society, life-long learning)
- Basic knowledge: An ability to apply Commerce, Statistics, office operation skills for Corporate and Government sectors to assist in the solution of the Managerial activities
- Discipline knowledge: An ability to apply office operation skills and execute jobs independently at all levels of management
- Application and practice: An ability to plan and use of modern office tools and equipment for Secretarial practices and managerial activities
- Managerial /Secretarial Tools: Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of their merits and limitations
- The Profession and society: Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to office operations and practice
- Environment and sustainability: Give support to solve the environmental problems connected with the Business/ Office management issues
- Ethics: Practice professional ethics and social values
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse/multidisciplinary teams
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively through oral, writing and presentation
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for continuous updating of knowledge, Contribute a healthy organizational climate for better results
- Train students to become commerce and management professionals in the corporate and Govt. sector
- Cater to human resources, company secretaries & office administration and as front office personnel
- Inculcate ethical and moral values to serve society at large