M.Tech in Digital Communication and Engineering
To be a premier engineering department with excellence in teaching, research and innovation, to meet the global industrial standards and to have significant impact on the well-being of the society.
To provide student centric learning environment, inculcate profound knowledge inboth fundamental and applied areas of science and technology.
To train and mentor the students in developing leadership qualities and team buildingskill. M.Tech DigitalCommunication Engineering is offered by Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru. This career-focused course is much sought after by students for its excellent future prospects. The state of the art infrastructure at AcharyaInstitutes enables students to work in labs equipped with cutting edge equipment in the areas of Analog Circuits, Digital Systems, Communications, Microprocessors, Computer Programming, MATLAB, Microwaves, PCB, DSP and Power Electronics.
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : Admission to M.Tech– Digital Communication Engineering course shall be open to candidate who have passed the Bachelor’s Degree examination with not less than 50% mark in aggregate of all the semester of the degree examinations(45 % for SC/ST candidate). The candidate shall have passed B.E/B.Tech degree in EC/IE/ETE/EE or equivalent.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
At the end of the program, the student will:
- PSO1: Analyze, design, test& develop electronic communication subsystem/ systems for a various engineering applications, demonstrating professional ethics & concern for societal well being.
- PSO2: Apply technical knowledge and usage of modern hardware & software tools related to Electronics & Communication engineering for solving real world problems
To impart quality education in the field of mechanical engineering by inculcating values to serve the needs of the society and industry by aiding in overall progress and development.