M.Tech in Bio-Technology
The M.Tech program in Biotechnology under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi was commenced in the year 2010 with an intake of 18 students. The department has recognized research centre under which if offers M.Sc (Engg.) by research and Ph.D programs. The M.Tech program is designed based on the industrial requirement and to have sufficient specialization knowledge of Biotechnology domain. The curriculum of program includes advance core and electives courses together with laboratory, seminar, industry visit, assignment and tutorials emphasizing on production, processing, and management of biological, agricultural, food, health and natural resources. The curriculum also includes internship and project work which prepare students for industries and researchesAPPLY NOW
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : The candidates should have passed with B.E/B.Tech degree in the relevant discipline from any recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregates of all subjects are eligible. If any, Admission is based on PG CET/GATE Scores. Good track record in Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular activities shall be an added advantage.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- To understand the students with basic techniques
- To analyze and develop techniques or methods to solve problems encountered in applying Biotechnology
- To apply biotechnological solutions and professional skills with focus on production, management and research
- To make students responsible and accountable professionals with the ethical values for all actions undertaken
Department of Biotechnology strives to provide a platform for students in various frontiers of Biotechnology by inspiring the next generation to achieve academic and research excellence for the betterment of mankind and society.
The Biotechnology Department committed to produce quality Biotechnology engineers, providing excellent analytical and entrepreneurial skills to achieve proficiency in industry and research fields for the betterment of mankind and society.