Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility :B.A./B.Sc. or equivalent from a recognized university with Mathematics as one of the major subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Career Scope: After completing the PG course there are wide scopes, either may enter in to teaching profession, May take up the research programs, may join the reputed organization like ISRO,CPRI, may continue higher education in Astro Physics, Atmospheric and Oceanic Science, Space Physics etc.
The main objective of this program is to cultivate a mathematical aptitude and nurture the interests of the students towards problem solving aptitude. Further, it aims at motivating the young minds for research in mathematical sciences and to train computational scientists who can work on real life challenging problems
The Program Objectives are the knowledge skills and attributes which the students have at the time of post-graduation. At the end of the program, the student will be able to:
- To provide comprehensive curriculum to groom the students into qualitative scientific manpower
- Enable students to enhance mathematical skills and understand the fundamental concepts of pure and applied mathematics
- To provide qualitative education through effective teaching learning processes by introducing projects, participative learning and latest software tools
- To inculcate innovative skills, team work, ethical practices among students so as to meet societal expectations
- To encourage collaborative learning and application of mathematics to real life situations
At the end of the program, the student will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematical concepts in interdisciplinary fields
- Understand the nature of abstract mathematics and explore the concepts in further details
- Model the real-world problems in to mathematical equations and draw the inferences by finding appropriate solutions
- Identify challenging problems in mathematics and find appropriate solutions
- Pursue research in challenging areas of pure/applied mathematics
- Employ confidently the knowledge of mathematical software and tools for treating the complex mathematical problems and scientific investigations
- Continue to acquire mathematical knowledge and skills appropriate to professional activities and demonstrate highest standards of ethical issues in mathematics
- Comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation related to mathematical research and literature, make effective presentations
- Qualify national level tests like NET/GATE etc
- Effectively communicate and explore ideas of mathematics for propagation of knowledge and popularization of mathematics in society
The mission of the mathematics department is to provide an environment where students can learn and become competent users of mathematics and mathematical application. Moreover, the department will contribute to the development of students as mathematical thinkers, enabling them to become lifelong learners, to continue to grow in their chosen professions, and to function as productive citizens.