Master of Finance and Accounting
This 2 year post graduate programme majorly deals with the principles of accounting, financial planning, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money and banking system, policies, etc. The graduates of this programme are in high demand in the banking and accounting sector.
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility :Candidates having Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Commerce /Accounting /Management/ Economics of Bangalore University or any other recognized University and have secured at least 50% Marks in the aggregate of all papers studied in the qualifying examinations, are eligible for admission to this course.
Career Scope: Besides being qualified for further advanced studies and research in the area of Statistics, candidates can subsequently taking up the job of teacher / lecturer in universities and colleges after passing exams like UGC-NET/JRF, a candidate gaining M.Com degree can learn for Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary-ship also.
The educational objectives of a program are the statements that describe the expected achievements of graduates within first few years of their graduation from the program. The program educational objectives of Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering can be broadly defined on four counts:
- PEO1: Know and apply accounting and finance theory
- PEO2: Explain and apply international accounting standards
- PEO3: Critically evaluate financial statement information
- PEO4: Evaluate and compare different investments
- PO1: To acquaint a student with conventional as well as contemporary areas in the discipline of Finance and Accounting
- PO2: TTo enable a student well versed in national as well as international trends in Business
- PO3: TTo enable the students for conducting business, accounting and auditing practices, role of regulatory bodies in corporate and financial sectors nature of various financial instruments
- PO4: TTo provide in-depth understanding of all core areas specifically Advanced Accounting, International Accounting, Strategic Management, Security Market Operations, Forex Management, Research Methodology and Tax planning
- PSO1: Identify and define pertinent research questions
- PSO2: Critically review the relevant literature
- PSO3: Define an appropriate methodology
- PSO4: Analyse and solve valuation and investment problems
- PSO5: Work with large volumes of numerical data
- PSO6: Solve research problems / questions
- PSO7: Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- PSO8: Work effectively with others, capitalising on their different thinking, experience and skills
- PSO9: Identify and evaluate social, cultural, global, ethical and environmental responsibilities and issues
- PSO10: Demonstrate skills in time management
To strive towards enhancement of the entrepreneurial skills of students and imbue them with managerial strategies for a smooth manoeuvre and flourish in face of any crisis.