Bachelor of Hotel Management covers a wide range of management oriented topics dealing with hospitality services. This includes planning, marketing, coordinating and administering services such as front office, catering, food and beverage services, housekeeping, sales, revenue management, guest relations, etc. To ensure our students are industry ready, we encourage them to take up multiple internship opportunities throughout the period of the programme. A degree in Hotel Management programme opens up lucrative career opportunities. Aspirants are introduced to the operational aspects of star hotels, hospitality services and allied industries.
Students who have completed two year pre-university (class XII or 10+2) course of Karnataka State or equivalent there to, are eligible to seek admission to the BHM degree course.
The course of study for the BHM degree shall extend over a period of four academic years.
• To develop the right skills necessary in hospitality and allied industries so as to meet the requirements according to the industry expectations.
• To develop the required skills in Food & Beverage Production.
• To develop the required skills in Food & Beverage Service.
• To develop the required skills in Housekeeping & Front Office operations.
• To develop the required skills in Sales and Marketing, General Management, Entrepreneurship, Revenue Management.
• To develop the required skills in communication for a better career in the Hospitality Industry.
• To provide the basic knowledge in hygiene, food safety & nutrition in line with International standards.
• To enable the candidates to manage any hospitality, tourism and other allied industries.