The Smt. Nagarathnamma College of Nursing believes that Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme is essential for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing nurses so that they become exemplary citizens by adhering to code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations and responding to the national aspirations. This institution believes that the Post Basic Graduate nurses are directed to upgrade their critical thinking skills competencies and standards required for practice of professional nursing and midwifery. The programme recognizes a broad based education aimed at building upon the skills and competencies acquired at the diploma in nursing level.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : A candidate seeking admission must: Hold a diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM). Be a registered nurse. Have passed pre university examination in Arts / Science / Commerce conducted by Department of Pre University Education, Karnataka State or its equivalent recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Affiliations : Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Approved by Government of Karnataka, Recognised by Karnataka State Nursing Council (KSNC) and Indian Nursing Council (INC).
The aims of the Post Basic Graduate nursing Programme are to,
1. Assume responsibilities as professional competent nurses and midwives at basic level in providing preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
2. Make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of individuals and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services, and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in clinical/public health settings.
On completion of Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course the graduates will be able to,
1. Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients/clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
2. Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioral science.
3. Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings.
4. Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
5. Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
6. Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
7. Participate as members of health team in the preventive, curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
8. Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
9. Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various situations.
10. Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups on community health settings.
Smt. Nagaratnamma School and College of Nursing is known for global leadership in the field of nursing education and clinical skills, and the Acharya faculty is a combination of young and experienced, passionate and curious individuals. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
- Nursing Foundation.
- Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Biochemistry & Biophysics.
- Maternal Nursing.
- Child Health Nursing.
- Medical & Surgical Nursing.
- English (Qualifying).
- Community Health Nursing.
- Mental Health Nursing.
- Introduction to Nursing Education.
- Introduction to Nursing Administration.
- Introduction to Nursing Research & Statistics.