The Smt. Nagarathnamma College of Nursing believes that Postgraduate Programme in Nursing is essential to help the Postgraduate nurses to improve the quality of Nursing Education, Nursing Practice, Nursing Administration and Nursing Research. Postgraduate Programme in Nursing builds upon and extends competence acquired at the Undergraduate level, emphasizes application of relevant theories, standards of care, and evidence based care into nursing practice, application of innovative teaching and learning into nursing education, adhere leadership skills in nursing administration and to develop nursing research skills on practice and education and correlate the findings into nursing practice. The programme prepares Postgraduate nurses for the advanced practice as nurse educator, nurse researcher, nurse administer and clinical nurse specialist. This programme provides the basis for the post programme in nursing. Further, the programme ensures accountability and commitment, which fosters improvement of quality care.
Master of Nursing
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : Pass in B.Sc Nursing Basic / B.Sc Honors in Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing / Post Certificate B.Sc Nursing from any recognised University / Board or Council recognised as equivalent by RGUHS and approved by AIU (Association of Indian Universities) with not less than 50% of the maximum marks. Candidates should be Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife and must have a minimum of one year working experience.
Affiliations : Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Approved by Government of Karnataka, Recognised by Karnataka State Nursing Council (KSNC) and Indian Nursing Council (INC).
The aim of the Post Graduate Nursing programme is to,
1. Prepare Postgraduate nurses to assume responsibilities as advanced nurse practitioners.
2. Prepare Postgraduate nurses for independent nursing practice.
On completion of the two- year M.Sc. Nursing Programme, the Postgraduate nurses will be able to,
1. Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
2. Demonstrate advance competence in practicing nursing.
3. Practice as a nurse specialist.
4. Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator and manger.
5. Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
6. Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
7. Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
8. Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
Smt. Nagaratnamma School and College of Nursing is known for global leadership in the field of nursing education and clinical skills, and the Acharya faculty is a combination of young and experienced, passionate and curious individuals. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields.
Master of Nursing
- Nursing Education.
- Advance Nursing Practice.
- Nursing Management.
- Nursing Research (Dissertation).
- Clinical specialty – II.